Annelise Faith

Annelise Faith

Sunday, November 3, 2019

November 2. Daylight savings time just made this long night longer!

It is taking some time to learn Annelise at home...and in her true fashion, she seems to continue to change things up every week!
Yesterday she started having problems with her tummy, and extra air was constantly building up and making her really uncomfortable.  She doesn't often cry, but she was visibly in pain 😔. A cool thing about having a g-tube is that you can vent the tube, which releases air that gets trapped inside, and it's like burping for them.  We learned in both hospitals how to vent her tube, but there was never any air that needed to escape before.... But yesterday, there was a ton.
Let me tell you that nursing, and getting nurses has been a challenge, but we have a wonderful night nurse, who volunteered to work an extra half shift to help out while Kevin is in AZ. She ended up staying for a full shift last night because Annelise was having such a hard time getting nutrition. There were spit ups and so many air bubbles coming out, that it made it hard to put food in! She let me sleep for a few hours and I would not be in my right mind right now without her. She's the one who finally got Annelise to sleep!
Please pray for Annelise to have healing in her tummy.  I can't do much for her.  We trust that this is a marathon that the Lord will give us endurance for... but I just want an easy day for my baby, so I'm asking for that! Also asking for my parents' safe travel home today, after a long night last night.  It was so good to see them, and as I am certain the way they show their love is through acts of service, out house is so much cleaner now, and the back door is fixed!! 😍
Last night was a flash back to feelings from the NICU days, where I was reminded that our medical needs are complex, and since tomorrow isn't promised to be easy, I need to be all in the current moment.  I suppose that's true even if our medical needs aren't complex!  I was listening to some songs that I played for Annelise in the NICU, and just feeling helpless to help her, but also in awe of the strength of this little girl to overcome all she has.
These lyrics hit me hard last night, broke me, but also mended me.

"You are mine for a moment
But you are His
Forever His
And in this life
I am holding You
But in His arms you live

I couldn't love you more
No, I couldn't love you more
No, I couldn't love you more
Oh, but somebody does
Jesus"

I can't wait for my husband to get home today!  And to see what the day brings.  Happy Sunday friends, we are so grateful for your love, prayers, food, help, and more help that you pile upon us and our girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment