Annelise Faith

Annelise Faith

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

12/22 sorry so late, I forgot to publish this post!

Not going home today.  Honestly, even though the timing stinks... and there's the threat of infection just from being in the hospital hanging over our heads... I am grateful to have these compassionate and knowledgable eyes on our girl and her tummy issues. 
If you want to google "ileus", that's their best guess as to what Anneliese is battling now, caused by having the kidney infection.  Her tummy just holds on to the food that we pump in her via the gtube, and doesn't empty into the intestines as quickly as it should.  She can sleep okay, but when she is awake, she is very restless.  Her baseline attitude is bright eyed and great eye contact.  Lately, she has been turning her head from side to side over and over and grimacing a lot.  I do love that cuddling and containing her seems to bring her some calm.  It's small, but so nice to know we can have some part in making her feel better.
They are giving her tummy another break today, meaning they'll just give her IV fluids, not food.... and then slowly introduce the food back again.  Waiting for the ileus to resolve. 
I've added my daily coffee back into my life.  It did not appear that caffeine was having any effect on her tummy situation, and I'm a much happier mom with my morning iced coffee!  Better for everyone!
Kevin is off work for the Christmas holiday this week.  We are so excited to spend more time with him! 😁😎 It has been such a bummer to have him at work this past week.  I'm so used to us doing hospital life together❤ I'm abundantly blessed. Nobody I'd rather spend my days with than Kevin and Annelise Buchanan.🥰😍


No comments:

Post a Comment