Annelise Faith

Annelise Faith

Friday, December 27, 2019

12/27 - another weekend in the hospital for us

Little Annelise update:

She now has had blood and cerebrospinal fluid drawn to test for infection.

In her agitation this week, Annelise has been rubbing the back of her head against the bed by turning her head left to right back and forth over and over.  The neurosurgeon said that's enough to aggravate the shunt and cause the swelling.  That fever and elevated white blood count though still needs to be figured out, so he drew some fluid out of the area around the shunt with a needle.  Surprisingly, our girl went right back to sleep after it was done!  Hooray!

She continues to be much happier than she was yesterday.  We will be inpatient until Sunday at least while we wait for results of the tests.  Monday is my birthday, so I think you can guess what I'll be wishing for when I blow the candles out on my dairy/soy/gluten free cupcake!


No comments:

Post a Comment